WHY A JUICE CLEANSE?
Juice cleanses are an optimal way to increase your health and vitality. Fasting reduces the digestive stress whole foods place on your body and allows it instead to focus on detox and the healing of bodily functions. A raw juice cleanse eliminates fiber from your diet and gives your digestive system a chance to rest and recover.
To build on the new foundation of health you get from fasting, you should continue juicing on a regular basis. As you gain confidence and experience, you can fast longer. 3- 5 day fasts are good for periodic cleansing; longer fasts should be done occasionally, depending on your overall health. It’s important to be mentally prepared for the fast. Realize that there WILL be temptations, but that you WILL resist them. Remind yourself that a fast lasts only a short period of time, but the benefits last for years!
What is Cold Pressed Juice?
Cold pressed juice gives you three to five times more vitamins, minerals and plant enzymes, compared to any other juicing method.
The health benefits you get from juice are maximized because, unlike grinding or blending, the hydraulic cold press juice process doesn’t oxidize fruit and vegetables and it helpstokeep the nutrients and fruit enzymes intact.
In a blender, the blade cuts and grinds fruits and vegetables. The blender motor also heats the ingredients, so you need to chug it immediately after blending to get the nutrients that are left (just like you should eat fruits and vegetables immediately after they’re cut or chopped for maximum nutritional benefit).
Chew Your Juice and Drink Your Food!
It is important to chew your juice. Don’t gulp it down. Take breaks. It is important to remember that digestion begins in the mouth, and when you chew your food, enzymes are released that ensure that your stomach can more easily absorb the available nutrition. Therefore, when consuming juice, a chewing motion is recommended to allow the digestive enzymes to begin their work.
Chew Your Juice and Drink Your Food!
It is important to chew your juice. Don’t gulp it down. Take breaks. It is important to remember that digestion begins in the mouth, and when you chew you food, enzymes that your stomach can more easily absorb the available nutrition. Therefore, when consuming juice, a chewing motion is recommended to allow the digestive enzymes to begin their work.
Some of the Many Benefits of Juice Fasting
- Helps you safely and easily lose weight
- Detoxes the body by removing chemicals and toxins
- Increases your alertness and energy
- Improves mood and mental function
- “Alkalizes” the body
- Regulates your digestive system and clears your intestinal tract
- Boosts your immune system
- Improves thyroid function
- Reverses signs of aging
- Alleviates allergies
- Balances blood sugar levels
- Stabilizes hormones
- Makes your skin, hair and nails look healthier
Living enzymes to improve digestion
- Natural antibiotics, which defend our bodies from infection
- Anti-inflammatories to reduce swelling
- Antioxidants (vitamin C, vitamin E, flavonoids, beta carotene and other carotenoids)
- Polyphenols, which in many ways are even more powerful than vitamins
- Organic sulfur compounds, which detoxify and cleanse
- Minerals (calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, zinc, boron and selenium)
- Vitamin K, which supports the immune system
- Phytochemicals, responsible for fighting disease
What Are Enzymes?
Enzymes are living catalysts found in all raw organic fruits and vegetables. Juicing, especially cold pressed juice, is a great way to take advantage of the benefits that enzymes offer, as they are preserved by the process. Drinking fruit and vegetable juice helps your cells get rid of the toxins that make you sick and overweight because, by eliminating the fiber from the vegetables and fruit, juice helps your body absorb more vitamins, minerals, and living enzymes. Enzymes slow the aging process and fight cancer cells by awakening the red blood cells in your body. Many doctors suggest cold pressed juices as a natural way to promote faster recovery for cancer patients. The anti-cancer properties of ingredients in broccoli, kale, and Swiss chard are proven to be very beneficial in cancer recovery.